Water Damage Restoration Guide and Tips for South Nashville
Water Damage Restoration Guide and Tips
A home or office building can be flooded by water from a natural disaster or from a burst pipe or blocked sewer line at any time. It is important to restore the building as soon as possible after a disaster because Oak Hill water damage will only get worse over time. It will undermine the structure of the house and become a breeding ground for mold, fungi, bacteria and other pathogens. The area can be dried and cleaned, but only a water danage professional has the tools and expertise to return the structure to its original state.
If the building is contaminated with sewage, it is a serious health hazard and should be evacuated until it is cleaned. It requires an indoor environmental water damage Oak Hill professionals to verify that the restoration was successful and the building is safe to re-occupy.
The Restoration Process
• The water needs to be completely dried as soon as possible. Mold will start to grow within 24 hours. Oak Hill Professionals have water extraction equipment that will remove all the dampness. Any electrical or electronic items should be removed from the area.
• After all the water is gone, the area should be dried with fans, air conditioning and dehumidifiers. Different materials such as wood, stone, plastic and carpet and upholstery retain water differently and have different drying times.
• When everything is dry, the unrepairable items should be removed. Carpet can sometimes be cleaned to its former condition, but it usually needs to be replaced, especially if it has been wet for more than 24 hours. It’s not recommended to keep any items including carpet or furniture that is damage beyond repair. Even drywall should be removed and replaced.
To make sure your home or commercial property is restored in the proper way, so it is safe and sanitary, you should contact an Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) certified contractor. They have been trained to identify and contain moisture sources and damage and evaluate if there is mold growth or other contamination remaining on the premises. They have the equipment to properly dry the area and to find hidden Oak Hill water damage and dampness.
Water Damage Restoration
Basement flooding or storm damage doesn't wait for regular business hours and neither do we. We respond to your residential or commercial water removal and cleanup needs. Our fast response time and advanced drying methods help prevent secondary damage and mold. Common causes of water damage are:
- Flooding caused by severe weather
- Plumbing leaks
- Sink, bathtub or toilet overflow
- Sewage backup
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of South Nashville is close by and ready to respond to your flood or water damage emergency. We are proud to be an active member of the Nashville community and want to do our part to make our community the best it can be.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Water Damage Nashville, TN
- Brentwood Water Damage, TN
- Water Damage Berry Hill, TN
- Oak Hill Water Damage, TN
- Water Damage Forest Hills, TN
- Mt. Juliet Water Damage, TN
- Water Damage Old Hickory, TN
- Goodlettsville Water Damage, TN
- Water Damage Inglewood, TN
- Gladeville Water Damage, TN
We are here in South Nashville and are ready to help you. Just call us. (615) 331-0200