Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Is SERVPR Best for Me?
Count on your local SERVPRO to help make it "Like it never even happened."
Home restoration projects are a huge undertaking. If even the tiniest detail is forgotten, the entire project could be all for naught. This is why it’s critical that property owners look to an experienced team to handle their home restoration projects to ensure it doesn’t have to be redone and cause a setback that carries a financial and emotional toll. See how SERVPRO South Nashville can be your local home restoration hero thanks in part to our outstanding customer service, affiliations and team’s ongoing certifications.
Our Team’s Commitment to Excellence
SERVPRO South Nashville understands the stress and worry that comes with a fire or water damage and the disruption it causes your life and home or business. Our goal is to help minimize the interruption to your life and quickly make it "Like it never even happened." This is key for giving our customers peace of mind during a stressful time, helping to pave the path towards a successful restoration project and a positive relationship in the future.
Affiliations of SERVPRO South Nashville
When you turn to SERVPRO South Nashville for your home restoration projects, you also get access to SERVPRO’s 1,700 Franchises in the U.S. and Canada that are ready to reach out and help when needed. Above and beyond this network of reliable specialists, customers also get peace of mind that our team has major local affiliations with the following organizations:
- Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification – IICRC
- International Facility Management Association
A Few of Our Restoration Certifications
Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. We study IICRC standards and best practices in cleaning and restoration standards. We make it a priority to get our team up-to-date on the latest certifications that help them excel at their jobs:
- Applied Microbial Remediation Technician (AMRT)
- Applied Structural Drying Technician (ASD)
- Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician (FSRT)
How to Get in Touch With Our Team
When you have a cleaning or restoration need, we’re already nearby and ready to help. We take pride in being a part of the South Nashville community and want to do our part in making it the best it can be. If you would like to schedule service for your home or business, please call SERVPRO South Nashville should today at (615) 331-0200!
SERVPRO of South Nashville is the Best for Restoration
SERVPRO of South Nashville works close with your insurance company on your restoration claims.
There are many restoration companies out there, but SERVPRO of South Nashville is the best. We specialize in restoration services for both residential and commercial properties. No job is too big or too small for us - we are prepared to handle any size restoration project. Our team is dedicated to providing superior customer service and ensuring that your property is restored to its preloss condition. Contact us today at (615) 331-0200 or visit https://www.SERVPROsouthnashville.com/ to learn more about our services!
SERVPRO is a trusted name in restoration services. We provide 24/7 emergency services, so we're always available when you need us. Our team is experienced and knowledgeable in all aspects of restoration, and we're dedicated to providing superior customer service. We understand that dealing with a property loss can be stressful, so we do everything we can to make the restoration process as easy and stress-free as possible for you.
Things to consider when you stack SERVPRO against our competitors:
-SERVPRO of South Nashville offers restoration services for both residential and commercial properties
-No job is too big or too small for us - we are prepared to handle any size restoration project
-We provide 24/7 emergency services, so we're always available when you need us
-Our team is experienced and knowledgeable in all aspects of restoration
-We're dedicated to providing superior customer service
-We understand that dealing with a property loss can be stressful, so we do everything we can to make the restoration process as easy and stress-free as possible for you
SERVPRO of South Nashville is committed to working with your insurance company to ensure that your property is restored to its preloss condition. We will work closely with your insurance company throughout the restoration process to make sure that all of your needs are met. We understand that you may be dealing with a lot of stress after a property loss, and we want to do everything we can to make the restoration process as easy and stress-free as possible for you. Contact us today at (615) 331-0200 or visit https://www.SERVPROsouthnashville.com/ to learn more about our services!
SERVPRO of South Nashville Cares About You and Your Home
SERVPRO of South Nashville listens to our customer's needs.
SERVPRO of South Nashville is a locally owned and operated business that cares about our neighbors. We work hard to provide the best possible service and want to be the company that you refer to your friends. Our team is dedicated to providing top-notch restoration services, and we're always here to help in case of an emergency. Give us a call today at (615) 331-0200 or visit us online for more information!
SERVPRO of South Nashville takes the time to get to know our customers on a personal level. We want to make sure that we understand their needs and can provide the best possible service. We also want to be the company that our customers feel comfortable referring to their friends and family. Our team is dedicated to providing top-notch restoration services, and we're always here to help in case of an emergency.
SERVPRO of South Nashville has the best experience for you and your family. Our team is dedicated to providing top-notch restoration services, and we're always here to help in case of an emergency. We take the time to get to know our customers on a personal level and want to make sure that we understand their needs.
SERVPRO of South Nashville offers a wide range of services, including:
- Water damage restoration
- Fire and smoke damage restoration
- Mold remediation
- Wind damage restoration
- Biohazard cleanup
We are here to help you and your family when restoration needs come up! We look forward to hearing from you and exceeding your restoration needs.
Why choose SERVPRO in South Nashville over the other guys
Most other remediation companies take care of the initial clean up and then leave you hanging. SERVPRO South Nashville will take your damaged property form the remediation through the complete restoration process. This gives the property owner the opportunity of dealing with one company from start to finish. See how SERVPRO South Nashville can exceed your expectations of what a 24/7 emergency restoration service can accomplish for your home or business.
The Truth About Property Damage
Property damage can come unannounced! Most of the times, it completely gets out of control to handle the ruckus all at once. What comes as a welcome relief are the professional services by SERVPRO of South Nashville. With apt knowledge and expertise, alarming effects of a thunderstorm, ice storm, high-speed winds, snow storms, torrential rains etc. can be nullified.
How SERVPRO South Nashville Goes Above and Beyond
At SERVPRO South Nashville, we take the hassle out of dealing with your insurance company by working with them to get you the most money possible for your claim. Our goal is to help you settle the scope of repairs with your insurance company and return your home or business to its preloss condition with minimum amount of stress.
SERVPRO of South Nashville is dedicated to providing you with the highest level of service by responding quickly, listening to your needs, and taking action to mitigate the damage to your home or business. We'll have your home looking better than its pre-damaged state in a timely manner so you can get back to living life before the crisis hit your home.
Get Your Life Back on Track After Property Damage
Looking for a top-rated company with years of experience in property damage restoration? Get the one delivering services including but not limited to storm, fire or water damage! Call SERVPRO South Nashville at (615) 697-4190 to request a consultation!
South Nashville residents rely on SERVPRO and have for years
No matter what is going on we will be working for you.
Americans spend most of their waking hours at work. Studies have shown that employees are happier when their workspace is fresh, clean, and free from accumulated dust and dirt. The air smells sweet, and is easier to breathe, helping to promote a healthy company culture that is more productive. These are just some of the many reasons the residents of South Nashville have relied on SERVPRO for years for their commercial cleaning and restoration projects. Learn more reasons in the below article:
Our Focus on Excellent Commercial Cleaning
Good business “housekeeping” includes reducing clutter accumulating in stairways, halls, and other walking areas, keeping trash bins clean, rather than just replacing bags, along with effective dust and dirt removal performed daily.
Our team of professionals has gained their knowledge through advanced training. We don’t use guesswork – we know how to handle any cleaning problem with the highest level of professionalism. That’s why the residents in South Nashville choose SERVPRO of South Nashville when they’re in need of commercial cleaning and restoration solutions that keep their business moving forward.
Long Term Cost Savings
Our experienced team’s high-quality cleaning helps avoid carpets that become heavily stained and damaged, with deeply ingrained dirt that can only be resolved by installing new carpet at high expense. The savings can be significant in the long-term, and at SERVPRO, we offer various financing options for more extensive repairs, cleaning, and remediation services if needed.
While many less-qualified cleaning services are often let go due to the lack of quality work, our work is consistent; we never skimp on the details, no matter how many years we have been providing cleaning and restoration services to your business.
Developing a Commercial Cleaning Plan for your Business – SERVPRO Can Help
Every business is different and has unique cleaning requirements. We don’t take our duty to our customers lightly, and our commitment to quality service goes far beyond the usual. If you have specific needs or concerns, we can help you develop a sane, workable cleaning plan that addresses all issues, with recommendations on various services and a fully developed plan for implementing these services, both daily and periodically.
If your South Nashville business is searching for a new commercial cleaning or restoration company, pick up the phone and call SERVPRO of South Nashville at (615) 331-0200 to request a consultation! We are ready to get to work, and to provide you with all the benefits a truly professional cleaning and restoration service can provide.
Why SERVPRO of South Nashville
We are involved in our community in a number of ways.
- SERVPRO Is not only known for its quality restoration services for both commercial businesses and residential homes. SERVPRO is also known for giving back to the Nashville community! Recently SERVPRO of South Nashville donated $100,000.00 to the First Responders Children Foundation. This organization is looking to help children who lost their parents in the line of duty and also provide support and counseling for the family. The contribution from SERVPRO is an incredible way to give back and help those who risk their lives every day to keep our community safe! SERVPRO is committed to giving they have also partnered with nonprofit organizations in order to provide donations and help those in need. SERVPRO of South Nashville has donate truck loads of supplies and equipment for hurricane relief efforts as well as volunteer services for a community effort to build a shelter. After natural disasters strike, many families are left with the burden of rebuilding their homes. These families are often in need of financial and community support to do so. SERVPRO is committed to giving back and making a difference in the lives of those in need! SERVPRO has a longstanding commitment to giving back and making a difference in the lives of those in need!
- You can contact SERVPRO of South Nashville by visiting their website at www.SERVPROsouthenashville.com to learn more about how SERVPRO helps out in the community. Work with companies that work with your community-Call SERVPRO South Nashville when disaster hits! (615)331-2000
SERVPRO of South Nashville is the restoration company to trust.
Trust starts with a handshake.
- SERVPRO in South Nashville is the restoration company that customers trust. With decades of experience, our technicians make sure that all aspects of their restoration process put the customer first. Knowing that our reputation and your most valuable asset are at the forefront of all jobs.6 reasons why SERVPRO of South Nashville is the name you want to remember when disaster hits are: SERVPRO of South Nashville will restore your property to its original condition. When you're in a disaster situation, SERVPRO is the company that will be there for you from start to finish. We have decades of experience SERVPRO of South Nashville has decades of experience in the restoration industry. This gives our certified technicians an advantage over other companies because they know how to handle everything from small jobs to large disasters with ease. We care about customer satisfaction
- oAs SERVPRO of South Nashville, we care about customer satisfaction and will do whatever it takes to make sure your home or business is restored after a disaster. Knowing that our reputation and your most valuable asset are at the forefront of all jobs, SERVPRO Cost savings because we will do the work for you, meaning no delays in getting your home back to normal. Experienced employees that know how to handle the big jobs and the little ones with equal care All of our services are backed by 24/7 emergency service for your convenience, time after time. We're proud to know that our name is synonymous with customer satisfaction. A word or two from proud customers will convince you to See some of our reviews here:https://www.SERVPROsouthnashville.com/customer-reviews/reviewsWe put all these quality checkpoints in place so that when disaster hits, SERVPRO is there with supplies and people who know what they're doing. That's why so many people trust SERVPRO of South Nashville over any other restoration company when it comes to getting the job done
Put your home in our hands
Your Home, our Hands, Problem Solved
- Do you need help with your home after it has been severely damaged? SERVPRO's Reconstruction Services are available to help repair your house. We offer a variety of services, including roofing, siding, and carpentry work. If you're in the Nashville area and looking for someone to restore your property back to its original condition, give us a call today! SERVPRO's Reconstruction Services can fix your roof, the exterior of your house, and all the other things that need it. If you're in the Nashville area and want to get your property back to its original condition, we'll be happy to help! SERVPROs Reconstruction Services start with an estimate that we agree on with the homeowner. That way, you know how much it's going to cost and when we'll be done. Once we get started, we make sure to go through everything with you so you know what is happening and why--we want you to feel like you're in control of the repairs! After all the work is complete, our team will remove any and all debris and clean your property--so your house will be back in good condition and ready for use again! SERVPRO has many satisfied customers in the Nashville area. Every company is only as good as its team, and we're proud of ours! We've been providing services like roofing, siding, and carpentry work for years while maintaining excellent customer service. We also put a lot of thought into hiring--in fact, we make sure we hire people who care about what they do and believe in our mission: Bringing Homes Back Together Again.
- That's not all--we want to make sure you know all about the project before you say yes. So that's why when you call or come to our office, we'll ask a lot of questions about your house, the damage it sustained, and any special considerations. For more information about SERVPROs Reconstruction Services, please contact SERVPRO of South Nashville at (615) 331-0200
SERVPRO of South Nashville My home - My Business - My SERVPRO
Man working from home
SERVPRO NASHVILLE - understands that you are working hard and doing your best to make your home, business, and life the best it can be. As a homeowner, there is always a lot for you to be aware of to make sure that you are doing all that you can to keep your property in good working order. As a business owner, you are responsible for not only your livelihood, but others often are looking at you to make sure they have a place to go to work. Below are a few often-overlooked home and business action items that you should make sure you are doing to keep your home and business in good working order.
Check Water Pressure - Often never thought of to check, however, a faulty pressure-reducing valve can cause terrible outcomes. If your water pressure is too high it can harm your home’s pipes, appliances, and connections inside your home.
Clean Refrigerator Coils - Refrigerator coils (located in the front or behind your fridge) can build up in dust and debris. When this happens the compressor on your fridge is working harder than it should and can cause the compressor to stop working. A simple vacuum cleaner - cleaning can help reduce this dramatically.
Drain Your Water Heater - Sediment can build up in your hot water heater. By draining your hot water heater annually, it can remove excess sediment and give your water heater much more life.
Service HVAC - Good things to watch out or when it comes to your commercial HVAC are signs within the business. A few signs that you should contact someone to check your HVAC: The noise of your HVAC becomes louder than normal, Power bills increase, or you begin to smell unpleasant odors.
Seal Cracks in the Parking lot - Asphalt parking lots can get cracks and if left untreated your parking lot can begin to have potholes, reduce curb appeal, and can lower your lability.
Talk to your Tennents - Listen to the people in your building. They can be hyper-conscious to either current maintenance issues that should be addressed. Also, there are at times the opportunity to resolve a problem before it becomes a major issue. Encourage your tenants to have open communication.
In the event that you are having any issues with your home or business - one of your most important calls is to the team that will rectify the situation. SERVPRO in South Nashville is the team to call: (615) 697-4190
SERVPRO of South Nashville - Who can help with my home restoration
We can help from start to finish with your home repair
With so many options in our society, who is the best, most trusted, and will stand by their work when working on my home restoration after an event happens that causes damage?
SERVPRO in South Nashville is dedicated to always standing above the competition and constantly doing due diligence to maintain the highest standards when doing home and business restoration. We encourage you to see our local reviews of customers. Often the advice from others is what solidifies who you will trust when it comes to repairing your most valuable asset.
We also pride ourselves on offering a gammat of services that allow you to know that when SERVPRO shows up at your home or business we can handle the job.
We encourage you to look into any company that you are going to hire to make repairs in your home. SERVPRO offers several remediation services including:
No one wants to deal with repairs at their home or business. At SERVPRO - we understand and go to great length to work with your schedule, make sure that our staff is trained to make sure you and your restoration needs are handled with care, and the highest standards.
If you have home or business restoration needs call SERVPRO in South Nashville to set up a evaluation and estimate to bring your property back to life (615) 697-4190.
SERVPRO of South Nashville The Best Restoration Company for Home or Business Restoration Needs
No matter the damage we are here to help
Nashville, TN - Certain damages can leave a property undesirable and even inhabitable. Water, fire, and mold damage are top on the list. However, property and business owners in Nashville and across Middle Tennessee who have been affected by these disasters need to work with experienced professionals who understand the process and can restore the property to its original condition. SERVPRO of South Nashville and its team are the go-to experts offering these restoration services and more.
Residents and business owners in the Tennessee area who have been affected by such disasters as this choose the team at SERVPRO of South Nashville for several reasons, including the company’s commitment to providing 24 hour protection to property owners. By being open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year, SERVPRO of South Nashville has been able to reduce the extent of damage suffered by property owners who have been affected by water and fire disasters.
Added to this, the team offers a fast response time which means that water, fire and even mold disasters are contained as fast as possible before spreading farther to other areas of the property which can cause additional expenses to restore.
Focused on delivering the very best services, the team which specializes in fire, mold, and Water Damage Restoration in Nashville boast of using the very best equipment to handle all restoration processes, thus, guaranteeing that the job will be done fast and effectively.
Describing the services offered, Charlie Brooks, the spokesperson for the company said, “SERVPRO of South Nashville uses advanced water damage inspection and extraction equipment to help them find the moisture and to remove it as quickly as possible. Our highly trained technicians will monitor and document the drying process so that you know your property is back to normal. You can trust SERVPRO of South Nashville to treat you and your property with respect and care because we understand that water damage is disruptive and damaging. Call us today to speak with one of our professionals about how to make your water damage "Like it never even happened."
Being a locally owned and operated company, SERVPRO of South Nashville is proud to have expanded its services to cover additional areas including Berry Hill, Woodbine, 8th Ave/Melrose, Forest Hills, Oak Hill, 12 South, and Wedgewood/Houston, TN areas.
SERVPRO of South Nashville not only delivers the best restoration services at the most competitive rates to homeowners, but also offers commercial services to keep commercial property owners safe from extensive water, fire, and mold damages.
SERVPRO of South Nashville is located at 750 Old Hickory Blvd Suite 150, Brentwood, TN 37027, US. For top-quality restoration services, contact their team by calling (615) 697-4190 or send an email to info@SERVPRO10765.com. For additional information regarding their services, visit the company’s website.
Why Is SERVPRO of South Nashville Your Best Call?
We are always ready 24/7
Mere hours can make a huge difference in the damage that can happen to your property. SERVPRO of South Nashville is your best call because we understand that when you call us, you may be under stress, confused, or in a crisis. Our goal is to be the #1 professional restoration company, here to help you through all of your damaged property. Year-after-year we pride ourselves on customer service and what our clients say about us. Before you call we encourage you to review what our clients are saying about us; please follow the link to read what others are saying - Reviews.
Our 24-hour service is second-to-none and our customer-centered team will guide you through a series of questions to ensure that you know that you have expert care and professional service from the very start. Day-or-night our professional team will be there to direct, consult any of your home restoration questions.
Our South Nashville team is among the most highly trained in the industry and we pride ourselves on our high expectations for customer care and progressive training. From initial and ongoing franchise training to IICRC industry certifications, continuing education courses ensuring that our team is up-to-date on all research and procedures, you can trust that SERVPRO of South Nashville is equipped with the most progressive techniques and knowledge to clean and restore your property and most importantly trust that our team is here for you.
1,700 Strong | SERVPRO® of South Nashville
Size is not always an indicator of strength; but when you are a restoration company with the resources of over 1,700 franchises- size matters.
At SERVPRO of South Nashville we are equipped to handle a loss of any size. But the question always comes into play, what happens when there are multiple losses.
Typically we see this scenario play out during natural disasters or major storms. The benefit that we have at SERVPRO of South Nashville is not only do we have the capacity to produce any size loss; but we can combine our strength with a large network of other SERVPROs nationwide that can provide assistance and extra equipment.
At SERVPRO of South Nashville not only do you get the local franchise, but you also get the strength of one of the nation’s largest restoration company. In the last few years we have been fortunate to have the network of SERVPRO’s to provide us more equipment and PPE during nationwide shortages.
If you have experienced fire or water damage, we are always here to help! Call our restoration experts24⁄7 so we can address your damages quickly.
Experience Matters| SERVPRO® of South Nashville
SERVPRO truck with trailer in background.
At SERVPRO of South Nashville we pride ourselves in having a team of experienced professionals which make all the difference in restoring your home or property to its original position. In our line of work we meet individuals when their lives are turned upside down, and the experience that we bring to the table is important.
At SERVPRO of South Nashville, we have a unique makeup within our leadership team and our production team. Currently our leadership team is made up of nearly 45 years of restoration experience and another 10 years of insurance claims experience. In our production team we have over 50 years of hands-on restoration experience.
Because of the great experience that each of our team members brings to the table, there is nearly nothing that we have not seen or experienced. When you work with a team that will not be surprised, you can expect a team that will get things right the first time.
SERVPRO of South Nashville is the premier restoration company in Middle Tennessee, and it all starts with the experience. Too often in our careers we have seen individuals that have had those with less experience, or none at all, try and restore their property. In the end those same individuals relied upon us at SERVPRO of South Nashville to make them whole.
When you choose SERVPRO of South Nashville you are choosing the best that money can buy!
If you have experienced fire or water damage, we are always here to help! Call our restoration experts24⁄7 so we can address your damages quickly.
National brand with the local touch | SERVPRO® of South Nashville
SERVPRO logo with highly trained professionals behind
There is something to be said about having strength in numbers. SERVPRO can bolster over our strength due to the over 1,700 franchises across North America. Each year the best of the best share with other franchises to ensure that we are all incorporating the best practices to improve our brand.
As a SERVPRO franchise, we have the advantage of learning from the best in our industry. While it is great to have the national brand behind us, we are also your neighbor down the street.
Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated, by individuals that make up our community. Our local franchise is fortunate enough to have two Nashville natives at the helm.
By having locals carrying the SERVPRO banner, we are able to know what is important to us here in Nashville.
If you have experienced fire or water damage, we are always here to help! Call our restoration experts24⁄7 so we can address your damages quickly.
Protect Your Home from Floods | SERVPRO® of South Nashville
There are steps homeowners can take to protect yourself and lessen the hassle after the storm passes.
If you think that your home isn’t at risk of flooding, you might be surprised.
Some form of flooding is involved in 90% of natural disasters. That is why homeowners are advised to be educated on how to prepare, even if they don’t believe they are “at risk” for a flood.Ways to Protect Against Flood Damage
It is alarming to learn that a flood is on the way, but homeowners can take steps to lessen the damage rising waters will cause:
Have a conversation about emergency procedures. All members of your household should understand how to cut off the electricity to the home in case of waters rising, and you should also have an evacuation plan put in place.
Turn off electricity. One can never be too safe where electricity and water are concerned. Turn off the electricity to all areas of the house that might sustain water damage to prevent risk.
Anchor fuel and propane tanks. A tipped fuel tank can lead to a dangerous spill or even a fire, and floodwaters can often be the cause. Remove fuel tanks from the property or anchor them securely.
Digitize valuables. Precious and irreplaceable items such as family memorabilia, tax records and household documents, should be digitized and the physical copies kept off-site or in a waterproof safe.
Protect appliances. Elevating appliances can go a long way in preventing their internal workings from getting waterlogged and malfunctioning. Cinder blocks or other household materials can be used to elevate them off the ground.
Elevate hazardous materials. Household substances contain many chemicals that can pollute water and make it dangerous for the entire area. Elevate these substances to prevent toxic leaks.
Your family’s safety is of chief concern when a disaster is imminent, but there are also steps you can take to protect your home and lessen the hassle after the storm passes.
If you’ve experienced flood damage or water damage from other causes, SERVPRO® of South Nashville is here to help. Our technicians are fully trained in water remediation, and our 24⁄7 Emergency Line means we’ll be there for you when you call.
Our “Restore First” Mentality Can Help You | SERVPRO® of South Nashville
Our "restore first" mentality helps to reduce those life interruptions caused by the disaster.
We are well known for coming to your aid quickly when disaster strikes, but there is another reason why we should be one of your first calls if the worst should occur.
When it comes to helping you with your property damage, our technicians have a “restore first” mentality, using specialized equipment and cleaning techniques. This mentality helps to reduce those life interruptions caused by the disaster and helps get your home or business back to pre-disaster condition.
Restoring Your Home Post-Disaster
Knowing what to do after a fire has damaged your property is stressful, but that’s where we come in. Once you contact us, our team will spring into action.
Fire damage is different for every event, and while our highly trained team works to develop a unique solution that is tailored to your needs, the general process remains the same.
Here are the steps that are included in our process:
1. Emergency contact. When you call us, we will ask you a series of questions regarding the fire damage. By doing this, it ensures we dispatch our team with the appropriate equipment and resources.
2. Inspection and fire damage assessment. When our team arrives on the scene, you will see them inspect and test adjoining rooms of the property to determine the extent of fire, smoke and soot damage. This helps us determine the right plan of action moving forward.
3. Immediate board-up and roof-tarp service. Fire damage can compromise windows, walls and roofs, so a priority will be to make sure that your property is secure and protected from further damage by boarding up missing windows and walls and placing a tarp on damaged roofs.
4. Water removal and drying (if water damage is present). Since water damage from firefighting efforts often accompanies fire damage, we’ll begin the removal process right away. Dehumidifiers and air movers are brought in to remove the remaining water and finish up the drying process.
5. Removal of smoke and soot from all surfaces. We have specialized equipment and techniques that are used to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls and other surfaces.
6. Cleaning and sanitizing. We will clean restorable items and structures whenever possible. They will not only be cleaned, but industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment are used to help remove odors.
7. Restoration. Our final step in the restoration process is getting your property back to pre-fire condition. Restoration includes minor repairs like replacing drywall, painting and installing new carpet, or it could also call for major repairs like reconstruction of damaged areas.
Remember, if you need us, we’ll be there—no matter the time or day. The team of highly trained restoration experts at SERVPRO® of South Nashville is available for emergency cleanup and restoration services 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
How to React to Water Damage | SERVPRO® of South Nashville
SERVPRO® of South Nashville is here to help, no matter what size job.
Whether it’s from a sudden flood or a hidden leak, discovering water damage anywhere in your home or business can be alarming. However, by staying calm and following a few steps right away, you can get your property on the road to recovery in no time.
Determine What’s Safe
The most important thing when you discover water damage is determining the safety of your location. Turn off the power if need be, make sure floors and ceilings are structurally sound and ensure that there aren’t electrical items that could cause shocks when wet. Never stick around a potentially hazardous area to attempt cleanup.
Call the Professionals
After you’re sure the situation is safe, consulting with a professional service should be your next step. With a Master Water Restorer on staff, a 24/7 Emergency Service line and the ability to work with your insurance on your behalf, we can provide a solution tailored to your situation and get your life back to normal faster.
Move Items Out, Move Air In
As you’re waiting on us to arrive, this is the perfect time to salvage what you can from the damaged areas. If any items such as furniture, fabric and papers are affected, moving them out can make them more viable for restoration later on.
If the weather outside is dry and not too humid, opening a window and creating airflow can begin the process of evaporating water from drywall and floors. We’ll tackle the big stuff once we get there, but these small steps can go a long way.
Wipe Up What You Can
While a mop can’t take the place of professional restoration, blotting and mopping any standing water can certainly have an impact. If you’re able, clear out puddles and stagnant water with a mop or water-rated vacuum cleaner to start working your way toward a drier room.
If you’ve experienced water damage, SERVPRO® of South Nashville is here to help. Call us today for your home or commercial needs—we’re faster to any size disaster.
You Kitchen Could Be a Major Fire Hazard | SERVPRO® of South Nashville
Cooking fires are rated as the No. 1 cause of home fires and injuries.
Cooking fires are rated as the No. 1 cause of home fires and injuries, with the leading cause of these kitchen fires being unattended cooking.
The kitchen can serve as a family hub and is a wonderfully versatile place—a place for family and friends to gather, for quality time to be spent and where some delicious eats are cooked up. Unfortunately, the kitchen is also the space where many home fires occur.
In 2017 alone, State Farm paid out over a whopping $130 million in homeowners insurance claims related to grease and other cooking fires. According to the insurance company, these are the worst states for kitchen fires:
Fire Safety While Cooking
- North Carolina
- New York
Leaving your cooking unattended is not a habit to embrace, and you should stay in the kitchen while cooking. This is not the only fire safety tip you should be following. Here are some other helpful tips to observe while cooking:
1. Be careful about the type of clothing you wear when cooking. Does your outfit have long, flowing sleeves or is it big and baggy? It could catch on fire if you aren’t careful while cooking over the stove. It’s best to wear short or close-fitted sleeve shirts and make sure any baggy shirts are tucked in or tied back.
2. Watch the items around the stovetop. Make sure you don’t have kitchen towels, oven mitts, appliance cords or even curtains too close to the stovetop when cooking. Ideally, anything flammable will be moved away from it.
3. Have a fire extinguisher easily accessible to the kitchen. Hopefully you have at least one fire extinguisher located in your home, ideally one that is near your kitchen. Make sure you know how to properly use the extinguisher, just in case it is ever needed.
4. Do not throw hot grease in the garbage can. The grease may not be on fire, but it could be hot enough to cause something in the trash to burn. You should let the grease cool a bit and then dispose of it in an old coffee can. Also, know the smoke points of the oils you cook with. Be sure to never subject a low-smoke point oil to high heat when cooking, as it could catch fire.
5. Have a fire escape plan established for all to be aware of. Thinking about the worst-case scenario is never fun, but it’s better to be prepared rather than unprepared if an emergency were to occur. Go over exit routes and designated meeting points with your family, making sure that everyone knows what to do.
Fire safety in the kitchen is an absolute necessity, as it can help prevent dangerous and destructive cooking fires. If your home has experienced damage from a cooking fire, know that SERVPRO® of South Nashville is here to make it “Like it never even happened.”
What Makes SERVPRO® Stand Out? | SERVPRO® of South Nashville
When you’re choosing a service provider to take care of issues in your home or commercial property, there’s nothing more valuable than the peace of mind that comes with selecting the right company to work with.
Whether you’re dealing with routine maintenance such as duct or carpet cleaning or you’ve got large-scale water, fire or mold damage on your hands, you can be assured that SERVPRO® of South Nashville will provide you with outstanding service. Here’s why:
We’re Masters in Our Field
Restoring your home or business is no light task, which is why we take our work seriously. We have a Master Water and Fire Restorer on staff—and maintain contractor licensing to ensure we can do tasks ranging from small home repairs to large-scale commercial renovations.
We also have staff members certified by NADCA to clean ductwork on residential and commercial properties, so you can know you’re getting the best in the business.
We Guarantee a Rapid Response Time
“Faster to any size disaster” is more than just a slogan to us. We know that the longer issues like mold, water and fire damage are allowed to fester, the more detrimental to your structure they can be.
Disasters don’t have respect for your schedule, but you can count on our 24/7 Emergency Service to be there whenever you call. Whether it’s a weekend, a holiday or the middle of the night, we’re at-the-ready to get your repairs started right away.
We’re Always Getting Better
As technologies change, best practices for cleaning and restoration do, too.
By keeping up with new developments and providing employees with the ability to enroll in training courses, we ensure that we’re up to date with the latest industry standards set forth by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification. This high level of training, combined with our state-of-the-art equipment and advanced tracking technology, allows us to provide you with the best restoration experience possible.
Because of our commitment to quality and customer service, we have you covered for any cleaning or restoration needs. Contact SERVPRO of South Nashville to service your commercial or residential property 24 hours a day,7 day a week. We’ll be here to help.